? Do you want to study abroad , but don’t know where? So you should consider a great country with excellent opportunities to study and work . Therefore, studying in Canada and spending a season here can change your life.✅
The first step is usually intimidating, but don’t worry, we will help you. In this article, we’ll tell you everything you need to know to study in Canada : requirements, study programs, tips for getting a job, and much more!
➡️Take a look at this information and travel to one of the countries with the best quality of life in the world . Shall we start?
We will give you the 4 basic reasons to study in Canada. Do you want to live an adventure that you will never forget? Well read this:
Canada has a high-quality education system
Did you know that in the famous PISA Test , Canada is ranked 7th worldwide? It is undoubtedly a clear indicator of the high level and demand in education at all levels. Add to that the vast academic offer both for Canadians, but especially for foreign students.
Canadian society is very open and tolerant
If you are looking for an open mind country and where to feel at home from your arrival, the cities of Canada will surprise you. Racial, sexual, ethnic or discrimination of any kind should not concern you. In fact, 8 in 10 Canadians consider immigration important to the country, according to a survey by the Environics Institute .
Canada has incredible landscapes for sports
Winter lover? In Whistler you will find a paradise for practicing snow sports. But, of course, landscapes and adventure are all over Canada . The Falls Niagara are the most famous example, but also the stunning lakes and mountains of the national parks .
You can learn English and French in this country
Another advantage of studying in Canada is that you can not only learn English. Also French ! In fact, after Paris, Montreal has the largest number of inhabitants who speak the lingua franca . You can imagine that it is not only about going to classes and that’s it. You will practice day and night with true natives.
Requirements to study in Canada
The first thing you should know are the requirements to study in Canada . Although these may vary according to several factors such as the course you want to study, your nationality or your level of English. Generally, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Valid passport for your entire stay.
- Enroll in a government-accredited Canadian school.
- Get a student visa for Canada .
Also, keep in mind that the procedures you will have to complete will depend on the program you want to take. These requirements to study in Canada are the most common:
- Higher education certificate
- English level certificate ( IELTS , TOEFL, FCE, CAE)
- Medical tests
- Demonstration of economic funds
- Motivational letter
- Criminal record
Type of courses to study in Canada
In Canada there are thousands of options to grow your CV and your knowledge. We will tell you about three basic groups of courses in Canada that you can study:
- Language courses
- Professional Certificates or Career Programs
- University studies
Keep reading that we will tell you in a quick way what each one of them consists of.
English courses in Canada
hese English courses are focused on the general use of the language, covering all aspects of learning and oriented towards the development of the four basic skills: speaking, listening, writing and understanding.
Canada is a multicultural country where people from all over the world meet. Also, it is safe and rich in nature. Without a doubt, studying English in Canada is an unforgettable experience.
Whether you are a beginner in the language or an expert who wants to perfect it, there are English courses in Canada for all levels!
- When can I start a course? One of the advantages of studying an English course in Canada is that you can start almost every Monday of the year.
- How many hours of class will I have? There are courses of 15, 20, 25 or 30 hours. It depends on the type of language course you want to study in Canada.
- Will I be able to work while taking an English course in Canada? Since 2014 it is not allowed to work in Canada with language courses . But everything has a solution. To have the possibility of working, you will have to study a Certificate or a Career Program and combine it with your language classes.
Here are the types of English courses in Canada that you can study?
If you are looking to make the most of a short stay in Canada , an intensive English course is your best choice. These types of programs last from two weeks to three months . So you can take them with a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (if your country is visa-free).
From GrowPro, we help you enroll in this type of course in the best Canadian cities . You can hone your language skills while touring the best Canadian sites . Visit our website and check the options to achieve it in Toronto, Vancouver or Montreal !
They are general English courses in Canada that cover all aspects of language learning , aimed at developing the four basic skills: speaking, listening, writing and understanding. Here we leave you more tempting options to check it out. Remember to quote and fill out the form to know the details. You are one click away!
Preparation for official exams
They are intensive English courses in Canada that prepare students for internationally recognized exams , such as the IELTS and Cambridge Certificates (First, Advance and Proficiency).
Career Programs (Co-Op)
If you want to study and work in Canada , this is the best option. The Career Programs in Canada, also called courses Co-op , diplomas are taught by certified technical training colleges.
E hese courses are divided into two parts : a theoretical and practical. They last approximately one year.
- The theoretical part lasts 6 months. You will have class in the morning and you will be able to work up to 20 hours a week in any job you choose if you also want to work in Canada .
- Once you graduate, you will do the 6 months of internships that are normally paid and must be related to what you have studied. In this internship period you will be able to work full time in Canada .